There are no restrictions imposed on the nationality of the master, officers and crew engaged on Panama ships.
Panama Maritime Authority through its consulates and authorized offices will provide you with a Title Endorsement with the same capacity, function, level, limitation and validity of the license attached to the application for Panamanian Title Endorsement.
On the entry of a ship in the Panama register, The Panama Maritime Authority will issue a Minimum Safe Manning Certificate. A Valid Minimum Safe Manning Certificate must be carried by all panamanian merchant ships of 500 gross tonnage and over.
Understanding the needs of the actual maritime industry, and specifically the problems you may encounter with applications and issuing time of the Panamanian crew licenses with the Panamanian registry, our office is in position to offer you a variety of outstanding services, in the shortest time possible.
Normally it will take us one working day to assist you to obtain a temporary certificate (CT), so you will have it for the next day, if urgent even on the same day. Panama administration will provide you a Title Endorsement with the same capacity, function, level, limitation and validity of the license attached to the application for Panamanian Title Endorsement. The date of issuance of the national documents must not be older than 5 years according to Panamanian regulations and the certificates must have been issued by the maritime authority of a country within the white list published by the International Maritime Organization.
How to apply
- National COC or Seaman’s book of the rank you require Panamanian title endorsement
- Proof of sea service experience or letter of employment (only for ratings and marine technician)
- Basic training Course (only for ratings and marine technician)
- Security certificate: SSO for Officers or Designated Security Duties and SSA for Ratings. For more info please see attached Circular DGGM- UCYC-021-2013
- Passport copy (only first page showing personal data)
- Photo in color 3×3 cm. (scan copy in high resolution)
- Valid Medical certificate according to MLC 2006. In case you do not posses medical fitness certificate according to MLC 2006 please use the following medical MLC 2006 form.
- filed application form
Send copies of the above documents to following email addresses:
For more detailed instructions please see instructive for issuance.
Upon receipt of the above listed copies of the documents you will be provided with a Temporary Certificate (valid for three months) send to you scanned in color by email within the same day or in any case no later than within two working days. Original temporary licenses and permanent licenses once issued will be sent by courier or certified mail if such preferred or convenient to the designated address provided by you.
For more instructions, prices and information on how to apply for panama marine licences please request instructive for issue of a title endorsement or contact our office.