Renewal and Upgrade of Panama Certificate of Competency
Having a Panamanian COC is important for seafarers wiling to extend their job opportunities since Panama has the largest registered fleet of ships in the world and Panama COC is worldwide recognized by other flag administrations.
According to new policy The Panama Maritime Authority do not cary out assessments and do not issue new Panama COC anymore, however, as per published circulars in force Panama will proceed with Renewals and Upgrades of Panama COC for those officers who’s already possess Panama COC and fullfil all requirements.
To proceed with Renewal or Upgrade of Panama COC please send us the following scan copies in pdf format by email (each requirement separately scanned):
- Filled out application form. Download:
RENEWAL FORM / UPGRADE FORM. (Please do not fill out details of broker).
- Color copy photograph (in high resolution jpeg format) and signature with black ink in white background.
- Valid passport copy. Please scan only pages showing personal data and signature.
- Valid Medical Fitness Certificate: According to MLC 2006 or STCW/ ILO. If you do not have it please use MLC 2006 form.
- Panama COC to be renewed and Panama SSO license or DSD endorsement course.
- Panama Seaman’s book: Only first page showing your data and pages showing sea service experience. Other nationality SB or DC with sea service record can also be send.
- Experience letter/s: Indicating sea service showing periods served, capacity, tonnage and KW of the ship. For upgrade of Rank of competence valid STCW courses have to be presented by email.
Please see required courses for Deck Officers and Engineer officers.
For more information please contact our office at: